Monday, November 17, 2014

My Liebster Award...! How Exciting!!




Good evening ladies! I thought I would kick start my return to this blog by catching up on something quite exciting! It seems that over the last 6 weeks I have been nominated for the Liebster Award 4 TIMES! How cool is that?! How could I keep away after that piece of news?! 

The most recent nomination came from the lovely Caiti! Please visit her blog if you have not already; her blogsite is http://caitlintries.blogspot.co.uk/. Please check it out, it's fabulous!

In essence, this award is a way of introducing and celebrating new bloggers with less than 200 followers so I am really pleased that a few of you included me!


#Feeling Loved

The one thing I have always wanted from my blog is for readers to enjoy it and use the advice/information/tips I provide from my own experiences! Sharing IS caring! <3

So here are the rules of a Liebster Award:

So here it is, I hope you enjoy reading!

11 Random Facts

1. I am never afraid to test budget priced items on myself for my readers. Everything from Poundland upwards!  In this economy it is important to have people like myself testing cheaper products to help take the pressure off our bank balance! I like to constantly prove that the more expensive the item is, does NOT necessarily mean it is the best!

2. My favourite TV Show at the moment is Walking Dead and is causing some seriously weird dreams....!

3. I love the smell of fruit, whether it be fresh fruit, smoothies, candles, face masks, lip balms, perfumes, body spritzers, hair sprays, body butters or in a cheesecake (mmmm cheesecake!!). I just love fruit!!

4. I love photography so much and really miss my old camera! One day, I will replace it and get back into it! I wish that was sooner rather than later!!

5. I use Johnson's Baby oil. A lot! I don't even have any kids, lol. More recently, I have started purchasing the spray bottle version too and I apply this to my skin after I shower. I'm naughty and love hot showers but this can often be unkind to my skin and dry it out. Putting a small cup of baby oil in with my bath really helps too. Say NO to dry skin this Winter and join the Baby Oil team (you know you want to)!!

6. I'm completely addicted to the flavours and aromas of coffee although I am not meant to have much because of a condition I have (shh, don't tell anyone please). I currently have a selection of Taylor's of Harrogate's ground coffees and will hopefully be writing about them soon!

7. I will listen to practically any music you put on. Anything from rap, RnB, classical, dance, House music, Dubstep (I love Dubstep!) my Itunes is a messy combination of music and it all depends on how I am feeling that day. Spotify is also a fabulous app that helps me choose random music day to day!

8. My favourite foods are Indian and Japanese! I adore Curry and Sushi (I know - very different foods!) and would love one day to be able to visit both India and Japan.

9. I am a bit of an Anime lover, especially the films made by Studio Ghibli. My favourites are Ponyo, Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service!

10. I have four tattoos and have every desire to get more!

11. Sean and I want a dog next year; I cannot decide between a French Bulldog or a Pug!


I have been asked a set of questions, which of course I will happily answer!

Caiti's questions were :

1. What is your favourite perfume and why?
At the minute my favourite perfume is by Hollister and is called 'Seacliff Beach'. I currently have the Body Spray as well, which costs approximately £11 in their store. This unique floral, fresh and exotic scent makes me think instantly of a peaceful, sandy beach!I find it quite therapeutic.

2. Scented candles or wax/oil burners?
I prefer scented candles but love wax and oil burners too! Both me and my partner both love candles and have quite a few different scents. I prefer fruit scented ones although I am partial to the occasional coconut, vanilla or even floral ones!

3. Favourite flower?
My favourite one at the moment is the Moringa flower. It's beautiful and the Body Shop have utilised this flower to make a beautiful range of products. Their body butter especially smells and feels divine!

4. If you could have permanently great hair or great skin, what would you choose?
GREAT SKIN. I say this without hesitation because I struggle with my skin every single day! My hair has never been perfect but in my opinion I find it easier to manage.

5. Describe your ideal day.
An ideal day for me would be a long lie in with the boyfriend, a fresh coffee from my Pedrini coffee maker and a slow getting ready! Followed by a yummy, filling breakfast at Patisserie Valerie with him and a day out to a Zoo or a park. A bit of cheeky shopping, a nice lunch and then the long drive home with car tunes!!

6. What is your dream car?
I find this difficult to answer as I do not drive but Lamborghinis do look fabulous!! Every girl can dream!

7. Current favourite skin care treatment?
I have fallen very quickly in love with Boots Traditional Skin Care range, especially their Rosewater Toner which I will be reviewing shortly!

8. Who is your celebrity male and female crush?
I can't say that I normally crush over celebrities, however, I do appreciate their talents. I love Cheryl Fernandez-Versini's glamour and she often has a lot of helpful advice when it comes to finding the right fashion for your body shape and the right products for your skin. I am also completely addicted to Walking Dead at the minute. All the actors are hugely talented; my favourite being Daryl or Norman Reedus in real life!

9. What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
I would tell my younger self to take a step back and not worry so much! I would also give her a long list of names of people to avoid!

10. If you could have magical powers, which one would you choose?
I would have the power to heal others, not just myself. Health is a very important factor in my life and there are also family members and friends I would love to be able to help.

11. Why and when did you start blogging? 
I only started blogging this year. I haven't written much creatively since I finished University and thought by meshing my love for beauty products, fashion, exploring new places and writing together I would achieve this in a blog. I'm also keen to help others by providing a budget blog that doesn't exploit the bank too much!

Thank you for those questions Caiti; I really enjoyed answering them all!

Okay, so here are my nominations! Remember, these are all new bloggers with 200 followers or less! Each of them should link back to their blogs so that you can have a read and possibly follow :


My questions for those I have nominated :

1. Do you have a favourite face mask? If so describe it and let us know where you purchased it?

2. If all the make up brands were to suddenly close down, except for ONE brand, which would you keep open and why?

3. Describe a perfect evening in!

4. Coffee or Tea?

5. What is the most exciting part of Christmas for you?

6. Do you have a favourite scent?

7. Ice cream or Sorbet?

8. Sunshine or Snow?

9. If you could make one wish what would it be?

10. If you could be World Leader for a weekend, what would you do?

11. Rich and Unhappy OR Poor and Happy?

I really hope you enjoyed reading this and if you receive one of these awards please, please post!

Thank you beauties! xXx


3 comments:

  1. I always like reading these and finding more about the blogger! I love candles as well - we always have some on the go in the flat, makes it all feel a bit more homely I think :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine and I could not agree more. Sometimes it's nice to pretend that the electricity has gone off haha! Blackout can only mean one thing - scented candles.....everywhere! :) Bath time and just chilling out are my favourite times to have them lit! x

      Delete
  2. Here are my answers : http://scofieldsdreamyplace.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/tagthe-liebster-award/
    Thanks for tagging

    ReplyDelete